Life is a journey. To work on myself and develop a positive attitude is a constant process.
- To love myself: To take care of my mental health, physical and emotional health. To not beat myself up when things go wrong, or if I don’t do things perfectly, or if I make a mistake. Show some compassion for myself and look after my own needs and wants. This is not the superficial needs—this means—what does my heart really want.
- To commit myself to learning something new: This could be learning Catalan, Spanish, how to contour, new skincare regime etc. Any information that I did not know before that I now know. I also have to accept that I won;t master everything in one sitting either. It must be a steady, continuous and committed process.
- To not overthink and overworry: I can’t get worked up about what *might* happen in the future. I have to think about mental attitude in the here and now, and what I can do to affect it and flip the narrative.
- To do the DELE Spanish exam and reach A2 (will be useful for me in gaining Spanish citizenship)
- To lead an active, social life in Barcelona
- To write more for different sites and publications.
- To travel more often, explore new areas.
- To smile more/have a positive attitude.
- To not spend money on crap junk.
- To cook for myself using simple recipes and sustainable food items. I will be on a budget after all!
- To not spend on new clothes or shoes for 1 month in Barcelona–not until Feb 3rd (Tax-free shopping in Andorra!)